Its coming up for the National Funeral Exhibition again- and I find my thoughts (naturally for someone that works in bereavement- I think!) turning towards funerals and planning and all things generally usually only thought about at the end of life.
Ive had fleeting moments of ‘ oh- id like this as my funeral song’ but what are our top 20 funeral songs here in the United Kingdom?
Top 20 songs played at a UK funeral
1. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life – Eric Idle
2. The Lord is My Shepherd – Traditional
3. Abide with Me – Traditional
4. Match of the Day theme
5. My Way – Frank Sinatra
6. All Things Bright and Beautiful – Traditional
7. Robbie Williams – Angels
8. Enigma Variations (Nimrod) – Elgar
9. You’ll Never Walk Alone – Gerry and the Pacemakers
10. Cricket Theme/Soul Limbo – Booker T & the MG’s (test match TV theme)
11. Canon in D – Pachelbel
12. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
13. Last of the Summer Wine theme
13. Only Fools and Horses theme
14. Time to Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
15. Four Seasons – Vivaldi
16. Ava Maria – Schubert
17. Coronation Street theme
18. You Raise Me Up – Westlife
18. Over the Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
19. World in Union (Rugby Theme) – Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and other versions
20. Nessun Dorma – Puccini
20. Adagio – Bizet/Albinoni
This list, provided by The Co-operative Funeralcare has some perhaps surprising entries.
What is on yours?